This amusing exchange exposed an impostor who was sabotaging the "Dunderdale Must GO" facebook group at the centre of recent controversy.
Is "Sam Rossiter" the alias of a PC operative? Is this yet another example the PCs using subterfuge to sabotage the free expression of public opinion? Should we regard with greater skepticism embarassing and hateful comments in open discussion forums?
I think you know my answer.
********** Update *********
In my haste to post this last night, I failed to offer evidence that Sam Rossitter was a fake account. These are the reasons is why I am certain that the account was fake.
- The account was only opened on a couple of days ago, subsequent to the debacle in the House of Assembly.
- The only photograph on the account was a picture of what looked like a bomb schematic to my untrained eyes.
- The only status update was to claim that he had just received a pink slip, an obvious attempt to impersonate a laid-off government employee with a motive to hate Dunderdale. I believe he also used foul language in that single post.
- The account had no Facebook friends and almost no information.
- The account was closed shortly after it was banned from the group.
- The commenter seemed to be deliberately disrupting the group by repeatedly commenting on posts that put the group in a bad light. This pushed those posts to the top of feed so they were the first ones seen by people visiting the page and drove many people away from the group.